May 28 The 10ish Commandments of Running Disney Races
May 28, 2013
Opening Show Intro: Jill from TX – Yay Jill!! PS. Watch out folks Michelle is taking her mic. on the road for show openings.
Hosts: Michelle Scribner-MacLean & Mike Scopa
Here come the rulesfrom the experts:
- Michelle’s shout-out to Thomas running in the Happy Haunted 5K in October. You are AWESOME!
- Sign up early (Don’t get shut out)
- Pick and use a training plan that works for you (don’t over train)
- Train in and wear good running shoes and socks
- Print out two copies of your race waiver and pack them in two different places.
- Pack for all weather conditions (hot/cold/dry/wet)
- Do not stay out late the night before early races and do not stay in the parks past early afternoon of night races.
- Plug in your devices at least 24 hours before your race (ipod/watch/gymboss).
- Arrive early/make sure you have two wake-up calls (pay attention to final instructions)
- Run with a buddy.
- Do not wear or use anything new on race day (don’t take a chance on being uncomfortable)
- Use good race etiquette (share the road)
- Do not weave during the race (it adds to your distance)
- Don’t run on the grass (slippery).
- Hydrate before and during the race (invest in your health).
- Wear your medal (you earned it)!
- Plan your next race right after finishing your race (Motivation).
- Tell the world (be proud of your accomplishment)!!
- Rich’s Rule 18. Be friendly to runners you come across whether it is a wave, a ‘hi’ or a smile.
If you have more suggestions…. send them to Rich. Who knows?? – There may be enough for another show. I will keep a separate post in the notes and will work with Team Vanderpool (http://www.vanderpoolgroup.com/) to have a post on the website
- We are still looking for sponsors of the podcast – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Mickey Miles Podcast uses Daily Mile (http://www.dailymile.com) to track their running. Check the show notes for MMP peeps, and send a message to Rich if you would like to be added.
- Show your love for the Mickey Miles Podcast by giving a review on iTunes. It helps the podcast, and shares the news with others.
- As you shop please consider the links that support the podcast (http://www.mickeymilespodcast.com/sponsors/) (MEI & Mouse Fan Travel, Amazon)
Running Time: 30:54
Questions can be sent through:
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/mickeymilespodcast
Twitter at: www.twitter.com/mickeymilespod
Phone: (407) 545-2141
Show notes: Rich Gairing – email@example.com